Pages

Sunday, August 12, 2012

HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE GANACHE AND FROST A CAKE WITH GANACHE



Every time when I passed a cake shop, I couldn't help myself looking at those beautiful cakes especially chocolate cake. I always tell myself that one of these days I will try to bake a perfect chocolate cake with a smooth ganache. I kept that dream. Though I have baked a few chocolate cakes but I still couldn't get the smooth finishing. Last night while I was browsing the net to look for some fondant techniques I found this article on chocolate ganache from - http://www.killerchocolate.com/articles/chocolate_ganache.php and a video showing the techniques of chocolate ganache. Wow..never that I realize that it was so helpful and I am really excited to try it in this coming Eid Mubarak...my target is is to get something close to Secret recipe Chocolate Cake....and I am going to try the techniques that I learned from this video. 

Here's  the excerption from killerchocolate.com

There are two ways of making the chocolate ganache. One involves melting the chocolate and then blending cream into it. The second technique involves heating the cream to a boil, removing it from the heat source and then blending in the chocolate. With this method, you need to make sure your chocolate has been grated or finely chopped so that the heat from the cream is ample to melt all of the chocolate.

If more chocolate than cream is used, the ganache will be quite thick and fudgy. This thick type of ganache is used to make truffles, which are then usually rolled in cocoa powder or powdered sugar.  If more cream than chocolate is used, the ganache will be on the thinner side. This type of thin ganache is often used to glaze cakes or tortes.  Experiment to find the perfect consistency for each of your desserts.

If a very shiny texture is desired on the ganache, sometimes a small amount of butter or vegetable oil is added to the mixture.

The best chocolate makes the best ganache, I believe that is rules No:1...Getting the best chocolate. Here's the video that I mentioned earlier, you can get more from youtube. As for me I got what I want...and just excited to experiment it. I hope this helps especially for novice baker like me.





Rasanya kalau sebab aje chocolate kek atau pun kalau ada aje kawan-kawan yang sudah test resipi chocolate yang baru..pasti saya akan menyusuli selepas itu, saya memang tidak mahu ketinggalan kerana anak-anak di rumah memang suka sangat dengan chocolate kek. Chocolate kek kalau sudah pasti kena dihiaskan baru menarik, tapi sayang bab-bab menhias chocolate kek ni saya selalu gagal...selalu tidak dapat menepati apa yang saya hajati, dan selalunya bila tenguk hiasan chocolate kek yang cantik dan lincin di kedai-kedai kek saya jadi tension. 

Semalam secara tidak sengaja saya terjumpa article tentang chocolate ganache..tentang teknik dan caranya...alamak excited habis...rasanya sudah tak sabar hendak mencubanya...tapi disebabkan kita tengah berpuasa maka kenalah tangguh sehingga penghjung puasa. Rupa-rupanya bermacam cara ada...hendak yang kilat...yang keras dan yang lincin semuanya menggunakan tekniknya tersendiri...ha dulu main radah aje sekarang sudah tahu alhamdulillah harap-harap chocolate cake saya yang akan datang akan ada peningkatanya. Paling penting bab-bab chocolate kek ini...kenalah cari chocolate yang baik...hasilnya memang berbeza antara chocolate yang baik mutunya dengan yang kurang...wow....dan untuk kawan-kawan yang seangkatan dengan saya...yang baru hendak bertatih saya sertakan di sini tips tentang chocolate ganache dan cara-cara menggunakan chocolate ganache dalam menghasilkan kek chocolate yang cantik. Harap ini dapat membantu dan anda boleh mendapatkan lebih banyak lagi kalau anda rajin melayari YouTube. Selamat Mencuba.

No comments:

You Might Also Like These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...