Pages

Tuesday, June 05, 2012

A MUST TRY CAKE - STEAMED PRUNE CAKE / WAJIB CUBA KEK KUKUS PRUNE




I was fortunate to find the recipe. I found this recipe in a cook book at the airport departure hall. The ingredients were so simple...I memorised every things and  to rest assure of the ingredients and method of preparing it I browsed the net a found the same recipe. Look like many had tried. I made one batch of it over the weekend and to my my surprise the cake was awesome..soft, fluffy and of course with the prune taste. If given the chance to make it again I will prepare some caramel sauce...I think it makes a good combination. This is a MUST TRY cake....after all the ingredients are simple and once you made this cake easily you can memorise the recipe.

Steamed Prune Cake / Kek Kukus Prune


250g butter
2 cups self raising flour
1 cup brown sugar
120g condensed milk
20 pcs prune - blend with a little bit of water
5 pcs prune - cut into a few strips
5 eggs
1 tbsp browning (optional, if you want the cake to have darker color)

Method :

Boil water in the steamer.

1- Beat butter, sugar and milk
2- Add in the eggs, one at a time.
3- Add in the blended prunes, mix thoroughly. You can add the browning at this point of time.
4- Add flour, mix well.
5- Spread in a 9' square tin, cover with cling wrap and steam for 11/2-2 hrs.
Resipi ini saya dapat dari buku masakan semasa saya di balai penantian di airport. Tahu tak saya tak beli pun buku resipi tu..bahanya terlalu mudah saya hafal aje bahanya...balik saya cuba cari kat net...jumpa dan ternyata sama. Sedap kek ini terutama yang sukakan buah prune. Keknya cukup lembut dan gebus. Untuk next round kalau saya buat...saya akan buat sos caramel untuk dimakan sama. Resipi yang mudah, ringkas dan WAJIB CUBA.

Next Post - Lemon Butter Cake

5 comments:

mala said...

simple ingredients and I am saving this recipe. nak cuba nanti. thanks kak paty!

Mama Ann said...

TQVM for the recepi..I will try..

Noriez said...

Nak cuba nanti resepi ni... Simple n easy...

SRJ said...

Just one question : when do I add in the 5 pieces of cut prunes? Just as decoration? Or simply mix them in?

Patyskitchen - Exploring Global Flavor Around The World said...

Dear SRJ the 5 slice prune is for decorations..but I used more..it's how you want it ok.

You Might Also Like These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...