Pages

Wednesday, June 06, 2012

BUTTER LEMON CAKE / KEK BUTTER LEMON




I've tried a few butter cake recipe and honestly this the best that I've tasted. The texture was fine, dense and slightly moist. Thanks to Shidah from dairimama.blogspot for sharing the awesome recipe. I added lemon juice and lemon zest and guess what????....it taste like cheesecake. I love this cake...and in fact you can add in any variations you which the cake will not let you. I divided the cake into 2 and sandwich it with lemon curb..my goodness my son really thought that I made a cheesecake....if you don't believe me try this....it will really make your day. I topped the cake with lemon royal icing..hemmmmmmmmmmm awesome!!!


Lemon Butter Cake - Adapted from dairimama.blogspot.com

Ingredients
250g butter, softened
1 cup caster sugar (I reduced the sugar to 3/4 cup)
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
3 eggs (large)
2 1/2 cups self-raising flour
2/3 cup milk
3 tbsp lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
Lemon Curd as a fillings

Method
Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease and line an 8cm-deep, 19cm (base) square cake pan with baking paper.

Using an electric mixer, cream butter, caster sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl on medium-high speed until light and fluffy.

 Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating to combine. Add half the flour.Add lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir to combine. Add half the milk. Stir to combine. Repeat with remaining flour and milk.
Spread mixture into two  prepared pan. Bake for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Stand in pan for 10 minutes. Turn out onto a wire rack to cool. Dust with icing sugar. Serve.

Spread with lemon curd and sandwich the two cake. Reading for decorating
 Pertama kali terima kasih pada Shidah dari dairimama.blogspot.com kerana sudi berkongsi resipi butter cake ini. Memang hebat..cukup halus tekturnya. Saya masukkan sedikit kulit lemon dan jus lemon hemmmmm rasanya bertukar menajadi seakan cheesecake. Saya sudah cuba banyak resipi butter kek rasanya lepas ini saya hanya akan menggunakan resipi ini sahaja. Memang cukup mantap. Saya hiaskan dengan lemon royal ising dan lapiskan kedua kek ini dengan lemon curb. 


Next Post - Breaded Chicken Chop With Black Pepper Sauce

3 comments:

Puan Ros @ Sinaranmenu.blogspot said...

kak Paty,simple dan cantik dan pasti beribu-ribu lemon sedapnyakan?

Fauziah Samad said...

wow Paty. Another new recipe for me to try. Will wait for my doter to come back from her leadership camp, to help me bake this. Thanx.

Unknown said...

Sis this without beking powder can be good or

You Might Also Like These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...