Pages

Saturday, December 17, 2011

WAT TAN RICE

Today I'm not in the mood of doing anything.....may be I should sing along with Bruno Mars.....today...I don't fell like doing anything....da...da....The lazy syndrome had attack me...luckily it was only three of us at home...my no:4 Myraz took up a part time job in TANBUM LOST WORLD...so left with me and EYBA....so I made my life simple today...just used what ever I had in the fridge to cook for me and Eyba....Eyba made sandwich for breakfast and I made this wanton rice for lunch.


This wat tan rice is an adaptation of Wat Tan Hor, instead of using the flat rice noodles I used rice. One of my favourite. Serve with green chili pickles...but definitely you have to serve it hot..So here how I prepared my wanton rice.
Cooked Rice  flat noodle (hor fun)2 squid, cleaned and cut
1/2 tbsp dark soy sauce100g chicken fillet, sliced
2  tbsp light soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
2 fish cake, thinly slice
1 carrot cut into thin diagonal
4 clove garlic, crushed1 egg
50g green mustard(choy sum), chopped3 tbsp cornflour and 2 tbsp water to make mixture
10 prawn, cleaned and peeled500ml chicken stock
1 tbsp sesame oilSalt to taste
  1. Put some oil to the frying pan and add in the garlic and stir-fry until lightly brown. Add in  chicken, squids and shrimps. Stir fry of a minute and add in the water or chicken stock. Add in oyster sauce, soy sauce. Bring it to boil.
  2. Add in greens, carrot and fish cake. Continue to cook for 2 minutes and check seasoning. Add in cornstarch solution to the thickness you want. Bring it to boil.
  3. Turn off the heat and stir in beaten egg. Gently stir to cook the egg.
  4. Dish the gravy over rice and serve warm with pickle green chillies.
_______________________________________________________________
Agaknya hari ini adalah hari malas se dunia...cukup malas betul hari ini rasa hendak melengkar aje...Nasib  baik lah hari cuma tinggal  bertiga aje...pula tu anak ke empat saya ni terlebih rajin...ambil kerja part time dekat TANBUM LOST LOST ...jadi tinggal saya dan EYBA aje....Pagi tadi breakfast disiapkan oleh EYBA so tengah hari saya masak simple aje...masakan ala Cina Wanton Rice.  Wanton Rice ini adalah adaptasi dari Wanton Hor...wanton hor guna kueh teaw tapi yang ini saya gunakan nasi. Masak apa aje yang ada dalam fridge.

Pastinya makanan begini kena makan panas-panas...jadi saya buatngam-ngam dua pinggan untuk saya dan Eyba...selebihnya kalau hendak siaran ulangan nampaknya masing-masing kena buat sendiri...saya sudah tunjukan Eyba cara menyediakanya. Hendak sedap kenalah makan dengan jeruk cili.

Next Post - Breakfast Menu

______________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

You Might Also Like These

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...